BEST DEHYDRATOR FOR RAW FOOD – 2 AMAZING CHOICES FOR RAW FOODIES OUT THERE
Are you tired of going to the store and finding that prices for meat and veggies have gone up again? Are you just as tired of throwing out your food after your busy life stopped you from being able to eat the food before it went bad. Well, that’s exactly what I was going through.
I love cooking, but between going to college classes and working at nights, I always bought more food that I could reasonably use up before it started changing colors on me. So I ventured into food drying. But I am a raw food devotee. So when I was looking for a dehydrator, I focused on units that could be the best food dehydrator for raw food.
In my quest, I stumbled across the Nesco FD-75PR Snackmaster Pro Food Dehydrator and the Presto 06300 Dehydro Electric Food Dehydrator. Both of these dehydrators worked great for my new raw food diet.
ABOUT THE NESCO FD-75PR SNACKMASTER PRO FOOD DEHYDRATOR
This dehydrator worked great and allowed me to dry big batches of food in hours, instead of days. It uses 600-watts of energy, and has plenty of low temp settings. This allows me to fine tune drying my food without baking away the healthy enzymes. What makes this dehydrator unique is the drying system that forces the air into a pressured chamber thatprovides an even and nutritious drying.
WHAT I LIKE
This dehydrator comes with a lot of great features. Some of the things I liked best about this product were:
- Flavors don’t mix
- I don’t have to rotate the trays
- Top-mounted fan prevents liquids dripping into the heater chamber
- Lights are blocked so nutrients are retained
- Big temperature range
- Up to 12 trays can be used
- Includes recipe book
- Convenient size
- Extra accessories
WHAT I DON’T LIKE
Even though this dehydrator works great, there were a few drawbacks like:
- There’s no timer
- There’s no on/off switch. Instead, you have to unplug the dehydrator
- Trays are not really dishwasher safe and can get warped.
ABOUT THE PRESTO 06300 DEHYDRO ELECTRIC FOOD DEHYDRATOR
Another dehydrator that I came across was the Presto 06300 Dehydro Electric Food Dehydrator. While not as versatile as the Nesco FD-75PR Snackmaster Pro Food Dehydrator, this unit gives a lot of punch for its size. It lets me dehydrate my food without any harmful additives or preservatives. I have used this compact unit to dehydrate fruits, veggies and herbs. It uses a safe 600 Watts.
WHAT I LIKE
There are several plusses to this unit. Some include:
- It’s easy to store because of its compact size
- It has a see-through cover so you can check on your food
- The fan is mounted in the bottom so there is better air flow
- Easy clean-up with dishwasher safe trays
- Additional accessories are available
- Can’t beat the price
WHAT I DON’T LIKE
But there are some drawbacks for this model, too. Specifically, these include:
- Only four trays
- Not big enough to dehydrate a lot of food at one time
- Not able to customize settings
- Only available in white, which may be harder to keep clean
If you are looking for the best dehydrator for raw food, you can’t really go wrong with either of these models.